Chocolate salty balls.
August 24, 2010 § 3 Comments
Hook you in? You dirty Southpark fiends..!.
I DID make chocolate truffle balls on the weekend though, and oh boy, did they go down a treat.
Taken from Kimberley Snyder (recipe halved)
1 c raw almonds, ground in blender
heaped 1/4 c raw cacao powder
1/4 c raw honey
1/2 – 1 tbsp coconut oil
pinch celtic sea salt
shredded unsweetened coconut for rolling
- Combine all ingredients except coconut in a bowl. You may need to get down and dirty with your hands for this one.
- Mould into bite-sized balls.
- Roll in coconut & freeze until ready to pop a few.
I made these on the proviso that I would be giving them away to my friends and sharing the truffly love, NOT laboring over a batch only to consume it by myself, in it’s entirety.
My bestie came down to play for the day, so we had an impromptu picnic. It was awesome to catch up over delicious food and tranquil sea-side scenery.
I made a roasted sweet-potato salad with more tomato-tahini dressing. Really, how empty was my life before I landed upon this recipe? It shall now adorn every meal with its nutty goodness.
Apologies too for my lack of posting committment…I finished my first exam for college yesterday, and all my efforts were going into the ROTE memorisation of skeletal muscles, location of bones & cell biology. I am completely in love with anatomy, it fascinates me. But also hurts a little in the squishy parts of my brain.
Anyway, because i’ve been such a bad blogger, I thought i’d at least give you something worthwhile to read to compensate:
- Yes, Cinnamon is amazing for you – Natural News
- Recipe for chocolate avocado ice cream – Health Food Lover
- In fact, this blog by itself is really cool – Health Food Lover
- Food Buzz – Awesome online food community
- Canola oil ain’t so healthy – Natural News
- Latest on the Gulf oil spill disaster – The Age