Vegan almond butter crunch ice-cream.
January 12, 2011 § 8 Comments
Is anybody ooooooouttttt theeeeeeereee?
I may have short circuited and rage quit the blog for a while, due to unforseen technical difficulties. Technical difficulties being that my new
has a terrible personality clash with my ancient mac.
TOO MANY MEGA-PIXELS. DOES NOT COMPUTE.
It’s like an old, grouchy dog that has been usurped by a younger, bouncier, less-scabies-ridden pet, and does not want to play. I’m constantly being given the apple evil eye…
Thus, pictures from my new camera take about 10 light years to upload, and seeing as I like to spam you all with images, this has created quite the time-sucking vortex that led me to place the ol’ blog on hold until such time as I am gifted/stumble across/straight-up steal a new macbook.
BUT this awesome nomination from the bubbly, vivacious, and all-round amazing Amanda has dragged me out of hibernation!
Thanks so so much to that ass-kickin’, fat-blastin’, Rambo-channelin’ fitness demon over at Me Vs. the Bulge!
I have to pass this on to seven other sassy, stylish bloggers and also give you seven random facts about myself. Fun!
(Lucky I had another post on the back burner, because now I can merge the two into one super post and claim exemption from blogging duties for another month! The pictures that are on here are a result of about a week of uploading one image per day, yelling expletives at the screen and plucking out the grey hairs that keep springing forth from my roots in response to the teeeeeeeeeedium of posting. Have I complained enough yet?)
So, without further adieu, I’m passing on the love to the following sensational bloggers:
- Kate at Green and Juicy for providing us with wonderfully well-researched and thoughtful posts on holistic health. And also because I suspect we were separated at birth.
- Lindsay at The Kitchen Operas because not only is she a fabulous cook, but an awesome singer to boot!
- Paije at Veggie Monster for her abundance of salads & great sense of humour.
- Shellet at Shellet wants to run because I love & admire her determination.
- Pure 2 Raw twins for their rawmazing inspiration and super sweet blog posts.
- Gena at Choosing Raw because her blog is the ultimate raw/vegan resource and I one to day hope to be half as witty, intelligent and switched-on as she is!
- Ashley at Healthy Ashley because she aims high, achieves the unthinkable and inspires me daily.
Plus about a thousand more.
Want to know seven irrelevant things?
1. My boyfriend gave me a food processor for my birthday, and subsequently, my diet now consists of perfectly pulsed raw veggie concoctions, and this..
…Banana soft serve. A little late to the party, but i’m making up for lost time.
2. In the photo below, some home-grown macadamia nuts are casually scattered around a spoonful of tea leaves, with my new mug just chillin’ in the background like it had been there all along.
But there is nothing casual about it. Macadamia nuts have no relation to green tea, nor do they fall artistically on chopping boards in perfect alignment. I also spilled the tea leaves on purpose, but made it look like an accident…TRICKY, TRICKY! All the pro’s are doing it. My photos are contrived; I’m coming clean!
More nuts and tea!
3. When I was little, I actually feared for my mother’s back when walking over cracks in the footpath. Too this day, her spine is stellar and you’ll never see me lay a toe over broken cement.
4. I sometimes stop liking bands once they go ‘mainstream’. I’m fickle and snobbish like that.
5. Sea and river weed scare the bajeesus out of me. Total irrational phobia, but if there is a swathe of dark, wispy seagrass at the beach, i’ll swim as far away from it as possible. Sharks? Bring it on. Jellyfish? Harmless. Underwater plants? Bone-chilling.
Funny, seeing as I literally eat it for breakfast every day.
6. I decided that if I don’t eat meat, then I also shouldn’t buy leather goods or animal-derived apparel. This has become problematic as I’ve discovered the nicest fashions and accessories are always cow hide, and as a result, I must now wear my vibrams everywhere. More problematic are my weekend party plans. Can we get a stiletto VFF please?
7. I don’t believe in playing games on my phone, but somehow I ended up downloading Angry Birds the other day and have become slowly addicted. Last night I went to bed late, at 12am (eeep!), and decided to ‘just try to make it past level x’ for 5 minutes. I looked at the time a little later and 45 MINUTES HAD PAST! If you want to travel rapidly into the future, invest in a frivolous iPhone app that lets you hurl birds at pigs at increasing levels of difficulty.
And now, a fun little food-processor-friendly recipe!
Vegan almond butter crunch ice cream!
Take one well-endowed frozen banana, chop it into pieces, process with a generous teaspoon of almond butter until it whips into a glorious soft-serve-like mess, place in a ridiculous martini glass, and top with candied almonds!
I’ve missed the blog; I hope I can get technology sorted soon. I have so many tasty pictures and irrelevant thoughts to share!
Let’s meet again soon. x